Trying for a baby isn't an exact science, but there are several things you can do to significantly increase your chances of successfully getting pregnant quickly... because waiting just isn't part of the plan for most couples!
Read on for ten expert-approved tips and tricks on how to get pregnant fast...
1. Ensure you are on good quality Pre-Natal supplements at least three months before you even think about start trying to conceive.
2. Make sure the future “dad-to-be” is also on a Men’s Pre-Conception formula that contains adequate amounts of Zinc, Selenium, L-Carnitine and Antioxidants for good sperm health.
3. Avoid chemicals that effect your hormones such as cleaning chemicals, drinking from plastic bottles and body products, Stick with natural body and cleaning products and drink from stainless steel or glass water bottles.
4. Quit smoking – yes, as obvious as this might seem – and it's essential for both mums and dads to stop.
5. Limit or quit alcohol as it's also a toxin which is a no-no for healthy eggs and sperm.
6. Include healthy fats in your diet every day, these can include, oily fish such as salmon, ground flax seed, hemp seed, olive oil nuts and avocados. You can also supplement by taking a fish oil tablet or vegans can pop a DHA / EPA Algae version instead.
7. Choose organic fruit and veg to avoid toxins that could imbalance hormones that are contained in pesticides. If you can’t afford to go totally organic purchase non-organic products with thick skins such as bananas or ensure you wash your products well with water and a small amount of Apple Cider Vinegar.
8. Buy organic or hormone free meat and dairy products or avoid altogether. The added hormones in non-organic meat can also affect your own hormones making it harder to conceive.
9. Know when the best time to conceive is by tracking your Ovulation Cycle. A woman trying to conceive should aim to have intercourse a couple of days before ovulation, on the day of ovulation and the day after. A woman on a 28-day cycle would normally ovulate on day 14 and if your cycle is a different length, you could consider using an ovulation predictor kit.
10. If you've been trying to conceive for 6-12 months but haven't had any success, ask your GP to refer you to a specialist. It's worth testing for various reasons that might be impacting your fertility such as hormonal imbalance, PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Endometriosis, Fibroids and Thyroid issues. Your partner may also benefit from testing the quality of his sperm as this can often have a high impact on conception.
Which foods have the lowest pesticides? Here's my Top 15 foods that naturally absorb or contain less toxins instead. Sweet corn | Avocados | Pineapple | Cabbage | Frozen Sweet Peas | Onions | Papaya | Asparagus | Mangoes | Eggplant | Honey Dew Melon | Kiwi | Cantaloupe Melon | Cauliflower | Grapefruit
Pesticides in fresh fruit and vegetables are toxic and can disrupt your hormones and play havoc with your fertility.
Here are the top 12 foods highest in pesticides that you should avoid at all costs.